John Wagner recently published an article in Qualified Remodeler providing readers with easy steps in going green!
- Use no- or low-VOC paints, finishes, sealants, caulks and adhesives.
- Use lumber products that are formaldehyde-free or contain no added formaldehyde. F
- You can increase efficiency of forcedair-heated homes by up to 15 percent by sealing duct seams.
- Use spray polyurethane foams that are isocyanate- and formaldehydefree.
- Light-colored roofs drive down cooling costs.
- Use certified lumber.
- New carpets do not have to offgas toxins.
- Plastic decking and trim should have recycled attributes.
- Don’t scrimp on the thermal envelope.
- Focus on sound building practices. Green building is about using greener versions of traditional building products.
For a full version of the article, visit by clicking on this link: www.qualifiedremodeler.com